The Resort at Paws Up will host its first-ever wellness weekend event, Adrenaline Meets Zen (also known as “AdrenZen”), May 5–8, 2017. Adrenaline Meets Zen’s dual theme fits perfectly with the Paws Up experience. Our sprawling 37,000-acre resort offers exhilarating wilderness adventures, including everything from the challenging Grizzlyman Fitness Trail and the Sky Line Aerial Adventure Course to more than 100 miles of trails.
But don’t let the wellness aspect fool you—there’s no strict dieting during this event—just delicious gourmet cuisine, healthy cocktails and fine wines with a heaping side of adventure. And in case you need a bit more convincing, below is our list of top reasons not to miss AdrenZen. (We capped the list at 10, but we could go on and on.)
1. Special guest fitness instructor Jen Widerstrom—Get up close and personal with The Biggest Loser star during small daily group fitness classes. Widerstrom will also lead activities, including the Ranch-Athlon and Grizzlyman Fitness Trail adventures. Widely known as America’s favorite bighearted trainer on NBC’s hit series The Biggest Loser, count on Widerstrom to inspire participants while injecting a healthy dose of morale.
2. Ranch-Athlon—A combination ATV tour and rappelling excursion or a Sky Line Adventure Course experience led by Widerstrom is sure to be a big adrenaline rush. With more than twice the acreage of Manhattan, The Resort offers plenty of wide open spaces to explore from the seat of your all-terrain vehicle. Follow the tour with a rappelling adventure for a unique and challenging cap to the day. After a climb to the famed Lookout Rock—where Meriwether Lewis once stood—you’ll descend a sheer, 167-foot rock face for the ultimate rush.
3. Spa treatments—No trip to Paws Up is complete without booking something special to enjoy at the serene location known as Spa Town. No matter what your body needs, there’s a massage, scrub or facial to handle it. From body treatments to altitude adjustments to enhancements like scalp massages, it will be hard to tear yourself away from our renowned spa.
4. Guest yoga instructor Lauren Taus—There’s a reason why Self magazine refers to this New York City yoga instructor as one of the top trainers to follow. She teaches regularly at some of the city’s most elite studios, including Equinox, Pure Yoga and Soho House. Join her at Paws Up for a weekend of yoga to increase your current practice or give you the confidence to continue as a beginner once you return home.
5. Vino Yoga—Speaking of yoga, how about a little vino with your Vrksasana (tree pose)? During this class, you will warm and stretch your muscles through a range of movement while pleasuring your palate with a sampling of fine wines.
6. Grizzlyman Fitness Trail—Join Jen Widerstrom for adventures on this one-mile trail that features 12 fitness stations. Each one includes equipment made from the surrounding timber as well as challenges such as climbing, balancing, swinging and more. The trail offers a picturesque setting to burn off those extra calories.
7. Hiking—We might be a bit biased, but there’s no more gorgeous place to go on a meditation-minded excursion or a sunset hike than in the Montana wilderness. Exhale and enjoy the landscape at this prime time of day.
8. Horseback riding—Saddle up for spectacular views of the legendary Blackfoot River and the surrounding wilderness as you explore forested trails and scenic overlooks. Maybe you’ll even spot some of the wildlife that make their homes amongst The Resort’s property. With miles of trails to choose from, you will make one breathtaking turn after another atop one of our groomed horses.
9. Sky Line Aerial Adventure Course—Soar with the eagles—or at least get a little closer to them—on our challenging ropes course, which is tucked neatly into the middle of the forest. You’ll navigate rickety bridges, spider nets, swinging platforms, tight ropes and a heart-pounding 40-foot free fall during this two-hour adventure.
10. Awesome accommodations—With all the adventure, fitness classes and exquisite food and drink provided by Featured Chef Kelly Liken (a finalist on Top Chef), you want a pretty place to lay your head at night. Nothing is missing from our world-class accommodation options. Our Big Timber Homes feature roomy, Montana-size showers, lofts, comfy seating areas, front porches with views and back decks with oversize hot tubs. Of course, just because you’re in the wilds of the West doesn’t mean you can’t tune in to civilization by viewing your flat-screen TV or checking email with complimentary Wi-Fi. These luxurious accommodations are unmatched in Big Sky Country.
This three-night, all-inclusive package includes two yoga classes per person, one vino yoga class per person, one fitness activity* per person (per day), the Ranch-Athlon, your
choice of a horseback riding excursion or a fly-fishing experience, your choice of a sunset hike excursion or a Meditation Minded Hike, two spa treatments per person, a gift bag, transfers to and from the Missoula International Airport, taxes and the resort fee. Starting rate for two adults staying in a Wilderness Estate suite is $734 per person (per night).
*Fitness activities include a guided hike, the Sky Line Aerial Adventure Course and a two-hour property bike tour.